Blog Archive

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jesus



My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. I John 2:1 
What words of tenderness, what sentences of persuasion, will the anointed use when He stands up to plead for me! Jesus Christ the righteous. This is not only His character, BUT His plea. If the Righteous One is my advocate, then my cause is good, or He would not have chosen it. It is His plea, for He meets the charge of unrighteousness against me by the plea that He is righteous. He declares himself my substitute, and puts His obedience to my account. My soul, has a friend well fitted to be my advocate; He will succeed; I leave myself entirely in His hands.

No comments: