Blog Archive

Monday, May 12, 2014

Minister Calvin Watt

Good morning Family,
Early this morning around 4am, I was led to the Book of Ecclesiastes; an Old Testament book consisting of reflections on the vanity of human life. (Ecclesiastes 5:10) NIV says, "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income...."

I want you to know family that we as believers of Jesus Christ, we are especially susceptible to a trap in our spiritual lives - one to which others may not be so susceptible. That trap is wealth family. Don’t get me wrong; I am not saying that we should not work hard and make life comfortable for our families and ourselves, I am simply saying don’t put money before God!

Scripture tells us that if we are having our basic needs met for food and clothing, we are considered to have riches. Jesus cautioned us against living a lifestyle that required more than our basic necessities. However, it is clear that Jesus was not against wealth, but against a dependence on wealth. Jesus continually taught that a dependence on anything other than God was evil. Whenever Jesus determined that money was an issue for an individual, He addressed it and found that the individual could not let go.

This was true for the rich young ruler. When talking about what he must do to inherit the Kingdom, Jesus told him to do the one thing that would be the most difficult - to give away his wealth and follow Him. Jesus was not saying this was what every person must do, only the rich young ruler, because Jesus knew this was his greatest stumbling block. For us and others, it could be something else Jesus would ask us to give up. There was a time when I thought that money was everything until I lost it all. But today family; as long as I have God, Clothes on my back, Halleluiah! Food to eat and a Roof over my head, I am happy! It has been said that Money is the ruler of all evil. Don’t Get Trapped Off! If you put God first, He will give you all you need. Amen, Amen and Amen. God Bless You All; Have A Great Godly Day in the Lord.

No comments: