Blog Archive

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Minister Calvin Watt

Psalm 51:10-13 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.

Good Morning Family,
I want you to know that I had a great Godly Time at the Full Gospel Conference in ATL. I also want you to know that God did not waste any time putting back to work. Halleluiah! Last night I received a call from a friend and he began to tell about an incident that happened to him. “It happened to me because I did not think it could happen to me.” This is what he said to me after getting involved in a relationship that almost destroyed his marriage. He never thought anything like that could ever happen to him. So I asked him this question, Why Not?

I want you to know family that he is not alone. It’s easy to think we are immune to sin and temptation. Many of us go to church and try to live right. Sometimes we even shake our heads when others fall into sin. (Please; whatever you do, don’t say to yourself. Not me!) There has been more than just one Christian that has said, “That will never happen to me.” (You can raise your hand now!) But that is when we become extremely vulnerable. Paul warns against that when he says, “Watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted” (Galatians 6:1).

We would do well to make David’s prayer in verses 10-11 our daily prayer. I Do! No matter how strong we might think we are or however good our intentions might be, in our own strength, we are no match for Satan. David was speaking from experience when he prayed, “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.”

So I say to you in closing, take some time over the next few days to memorize that prayer, or write it out and put it on your refrigerator door or bathroom mirror. Pray it often. Only with the Holy Spirit do we have the power to resist temptation. Please; I would be honored if you would pray with me right now. Let us pray; Father God, in the name of Jesus, please forgive us of our sins. “Create in us a pure heart, Lord God, and renew a steadfast spirit within us. Do not cast us from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from us.” Amen, Amen and Amen. God Bless You All and Have A Great Godly Day in the Lord.

No comments: