Blog Archive

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Spiritual Gifts


Proverbs 31 Ministries
“Have you ever wondered if God loves others more because He gave them abilities you wanted? I’m embarrassed to admit it but, at times, I’ve wondered why God didn’t give me talents I’ve admired in others. And other times I’ve even felt a little mad when someone else was given an opportunity I’d been praying for.

Jesus once told a story about a businessman who was going out of town. He gave his three servants individual projects to work on according to their abilities. Two were given more responsibilities and did a great job, but the third servant, who was given less responsibility, neglected his assignment. I wonder if the third servant was mad or even jealous of the assignments others had?

One thing I’ve learned is that God doesn’t give me abilities based on how much He loves me. He gives me talents and assignments that fit me best.” - Renee Swope

No comments: