Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

God's promises to me

Proverbs 3 NLT - God's promises to me.

Lord, I will never forget the things you have taught me. I store your commands in my heart. Because I do, I will live many years, and my life will be satisfying. I will never let loyalty and kindness leave me! I tie them around my neck as a reminder. I write them deep within my heart. I have favor with God and people, and I have a good reputation.

I trust in the Lord with all my heart; I do not depend on my own understanding. I seek his will in all I do, and he shows me which path to take.

I am not impressed with my own wisdom. Instead, I fear the Lord and turn away from evil. So I will have healing for my body and strength for my bones.

I honor the Lord with my wealth and the best of everything I have. He fills my barns with grain, and my vats overflow with good wine.

I do not reject the Lord's discipline. I am not upset when he corrects me. The Lord corrects those he loves, as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.

I am joyful becaue I have wisdom, and understanding. Wisdom is more profitable than silver, and my wages are better than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing I desire compares with her. She offers me long life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left. She will guide me down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying. Wisdom is a tree of life to me, I embrace her; happy are we who hold her tightly.

By wisdom the Lord founded the earth; by understanding he created the heavens. By his knowledge deep fountains of the earth burst forth and the dew settles beneath the night sky.

I do not lose sight of common sense and discernment. I hang on to them for they refresh my soul. They are jewels on a necklace. They keep me safe on my way, and my feet will not stumble. I go to bed without fear; I will lie down and sleep soundly. I am not afraid of sudden disaster or destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is my security. He will keep my foot from being caught in a trap.

I will not withhold good from those who deserve it when it is in my power to help them. If I can help my neighbor I will.

I do not plot harm against my neighbor, for those who live nearby trust me. I do not pick a fight without reason when no one has done me harm.

I do not envy violent people or copy their ways. Wicked people are detestable to the Lord, but he offers his friendship to me for I am godly.

The Lord curses the house of the wicked, but he blesses my home for I am upright.
The Lord mocks the mockers, but is gracious to me for I am humble.
We who are wise inherit honor, but fools are put to shame!

No comments: